- failing to have interviewees introduce themselves
- the phrasing of too many question in one
- not asking the question to a specific person
- little to no follow up questions
- asking questions that could be answered in one word
- language barriers that the interviewer didn't try to work through
As I interviewed last week, I felt like things such as probes came naturally in that setting. I had a list of prepared questions, but the interview mostly took its own direction as things the interviewee said prompted new questions and viewpoints I had not anticipated. Maybe I was simply lucky to have someone who was willing to talk, but it was a good way to ease into interviews.